What size dosage of CBD should someone take?
Truly, there is no scientific answer for this as of yet. The many reported benefits of CBD has yet to provide a definitive guideline other than “experiment with what works best for you and your situation”. The chart of the information below is intended as merely a starting point for someone trying CBD. The information is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any disease or health condition. And, so, refer to this information at your own discretion.
Remember, everyone is different. The standard dosing may affect two different people in completely different ways. Here are some important factors to consider:
- The severity of the condition being treated
- The body weight of the individual
- The concentration of CBD
- The individual’s body chemistry
The severity of the condition being treated
The severity of the condition being treated is very important in determining the dosage. The amount of cbd is relative to the severity, thus the more severe, the higher the cbd amount.
Body weight matters
A person’s body weight matters when it comes to dosing! A 170 pound person’s dosage will differ significantly than that of a person weighing 80 pounds. Please keep that in mind when figuring out the dosage.
Here’s a standardized chart to determine the cbd amount for the severity of your condition. Your body weight and severity is relative to the amount of recommended cbd amount.
|< 25lbs||26-45 lbs||46-85 lbs||86-150 lbs||151-240 lbs||>241 lbs|
|None – mild||5 mg||6 mg||9 mg||12 mg||18 mg||25+ mg|
|Medium||7 mg||9 mg||12 mg||18 mg||25 mg||30+ mg|
|Severe||9 mg||12 mg||18 mg||25 mg||33 mg||50+ mg|
* The most eﬀective manner to ingest cannabinoids is sub-lingually, by holding the product under your tongue for a few minutes before ingesting. These are daily or as needed doses. Effectiveness typically declines after 4-6 hours.
To be sure you reach your therapeutic dose, you might follow these steps:
- TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR FIRST!
- “Start low, and go slow” – is the general rule of thumb. It is important to determine how your body reacts to a low starting dose of CBD. Then, increase gradually while continuing to monitor your body’s reactions till you find the perfect dosage that works for your situation.
- Keep records: Finding the best CBD dosage is going to take a bit of scientific research. Record your experience down to the last detail. Remember, it’s about you, your health, your quality of life, so the more precise you can be the easier it will be to find the right CBD dosage.
Moreover, at certain levels, CBD provides a certain list of effects; at other levels (higher), CBD provides different effects.
Experiment within this range until you find your Sweet Spot:
Are There Any Side Effects?
Though CBD is generally well tolerated and considered safe, it may cause adverse reactions in some people.
Side effects noted in studies include (1):
- Changes in appetite
CBD is also known to interact with several medications. Before you start using CBD oil, discuss it with your doctor to ensure your safety and avoid potentially harmful interactions (2).
CBD2GO.ca does not intend to give this as professional medical advice. Do not attempt to self-diagnose, or prescribe treatment based on the information provided on this page. Always consult your physician before making any decision on the treatment of a medical condition.